1. "Bake" the sweet potato in the microwave and top it with a sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt and pepper. My microwave has a handy baked potato button and I use it frequently.
2. Roasted Root Veggies.
- 1 sweet potato, 1-2 beets (depending on size), 2-3 carrots (depending on size), 1/2 yellow onion, 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut root veggies into cubes (I leave the peel on) and cut onion into wedges.
- Toss veggies, garlic, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Spread onto a baking sheet, I foil line mine for easy clean up, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 30-50 minutes depending on the size of your cubes. Turn once or twice throughout baking to evenly brown.
- [Serves 4]
3. Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Bisque. (Adapted from Beachbody's recipe)
- 1 sweet potato, 1/4 red bell pepper, 1 cup vegetable broth or water, 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger root, 1 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, Liquid Aminos, Himalayan salt, and herbal seasoning (to taste)
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Cook in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, roast a whole red bell pepper on gas stovetop or grill, turning frequently until evenly charred on the outside OR in your oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or until skin is charred.
- Put pepper in bowl and cover with towel for 10 minutes to steam. Clean off skin and seeds by running under cool water. Remove seeds, cut in quarters, and chop one quarter into 1/2-inch cubes. (Set remainder of pepper aside for another use.)
- Place sweet potato, pepper, broth or water, ginger, and oil in blender. (If you want chunky soup, set aside some chunks of pepper.) Blend thoroughly, adding more liquid to achieve desired soup consistency. Transfer to a pot and gently heat on low until hot. Add Aminos, salt, and seasoning as desired.
- [Serves 1]
I have more recipes. I have to go but I'll update later.