Sunday, April 1, 2012
This is my personal recipe. Please feel free to share.
This recipe makes about 20 4-inch pancakes. If you don't eat all of them on the day you make them, they can be frozen! Just cool the pancakes and then put into a freezer bag. Then pop in the freezer. Reheat them in the microwave or toaster.
1 cup flour (I used all purpose)
1 cup old fashioned oats (Quaker)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt (I used Stoneyfield french vanilla)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Place oats into a food processor and blend until smooth
2. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and eggs to dry ingredients.
4. Combine all ingredients until smooth.
5. Lightly grease/butter a skillet over medium heat..
6. Pour batter into skillet and brown cake on both sides.
7. Serve piping hot with your choice of toppings!
Yields: Approximately 20 4-inch pancakes
I topped mine with Strawberry Brown Sugar Butter, fresh strawberries, and real maple syrup.