4 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1-2 strawberries, chopped and mashed
1 teaspoon brown sugar
Add strawberries and brown sugar
Mash together with a fork or spoon until mixed
Serve on toast, pancakes, waffles, English muffins and more.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
This is my personal recipe. Please feel free to share.
This recipe makes about 20 4-inch pancakes. If you don't eat all of them on the day you make them, they can be frozen! Just cool the pancakes and then put into a freezer bag. Then pop in the freezer. Reheat them in the microwave or toaster.
1 cup flour (I used all purpose)
1 cup old fashioned oats (Quaker)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt (I used Stoneyfield french vanilla)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Place oats into a food processor and blend until smooth
2. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and eggs to dry ingredients.
4. Combine all ingredients until smooth.
5. Lightly grease/butter a skillet over medium heat..
6. Pour batter into skillet and brown cake on both sides.
7. Serve piping hot with your choice of toppings!
Yields: Approximately 20 4-inch pancakes
I topped mine with Strawberry Brown Sugar Butter, fresh strawberries, and real maple syrup.